To be the premier hub for information regarding addiction, awareness, recovery and support for the addict and those who love them, in the communities we seek to serve.
The Mission of the There is No Hero in Heroin foundation is to promote awareness, educate the public and encourage those struggling with addiction and those who love them. We are dedicated to raising the curtain on the epidemic of drug addiction in our schools, the scarcity of rehabilitation programs, and the need for quality federally and state funded rehab programs and hold drug courts and law enforcement more accountable. There is no hero in heroin, only those who overcome.
We received our letter of determination and can accept donations tax exempt as of 6/20/2012.
Tax ID#: 45-5432638
"There is No Hero in Heroin; Only those who overcome."
1. Fundraising to provide scholarships to offset the cost of rehabilitation and family counseling.
2. Provide resource referral assistance nation-wide.
3. To assist in the establishment of local chapter support groups.
4. To organize, plan and hold the worldwide annual Black Monday Event Raising Awareness for Loved Ones Lost to Addiction.
5. Facilitate drug addiction seminars to various interest groups, including religious organizations, addiction recovery groups, and educational facilities.
6. Remain in contact with our legislators and congressmen to lobby for support increased funding for drug courts and quality drug rehabilitation programs.
7. Introduce the concept of Therapeutic Communities to the prison system.
Thank you for stopping by, signing up and furthering our cause of raising awareness regarding drug addiction and its devastating effects, not only on the addict and those who love them, but on our community and world.
I would like to introduce you to our Board of Directors & Supporters. Please take a minute to read their profiles and get to know them a little better. Each of us has been touched by addiction and have a personal story to tell. We are the heroes in this epic battle with addiction.
Board of Director & Supporters:
Board of Directors: Lisa Espich, Secretary, Lisa Plante, Fundraising Director, Mary Caswell,Treasurer, Rose Figueroa, Marketing and Media Director, Wendy Turner, Director Grants and Procurement, Leticia Alarcon, Volunteer Coordinator, Minette Goldsmith and Donnie Huston, Directors
Rebecca Zehngut, Executive Administrator ~Heath Care, John Leggio, LISW, CEO The Mark, Dr. Wen Cai, CMO La Frontera
Regina Petty, Sherron Little, Teri Davis Murgia, Cindy Vosser, Steve Hamilton, Martha Dean, Cheryl Breining Stankov, Sarah Pink-Welch, Hope Vincent, Susan Kilmusko, Stacy Gustafson, NOM.net